--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, Jersey Shore John
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> "There can no longer be any doubt: Sarah Palin is absolutely,
> positively not qualified to be commander in chief, and she
doesn't
> belong on the Republican ticket. I can't imagine her being ready
for
> a 3 a.m. call on a national security emergency; I can't imagine
her
> fielding one on an economic emergency, either – the possibility
Paul
> Krugman convincingly framed Monday morning.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/4kocaj
>
> Her stunning ignorance about Israel, Iran and the Bush Doctrine
in
> the Charlie Gibson interview almost three weeks ago was
frightening,
> but the dim way she answered virtually every question Katie
Couric
> asked last week was even more chilling. I singled out her
delusional-
> sounding rant about "if Putin rears his head" over Alaska, but
> Jeffrey Goldberg pointed to something arguably more awful: her
> clueless answer to a Couric question about what happens when
> democracy doesn't yield results the U.S. likes, as in the case of
> Hamas in Gaza. Here's what she said:
>
> "Yeah, well especially in that region, though, we have to protect
> those who do seek democracy and support those who seek
protections
> for the people who live there. What we're seeing in the last
couple
> of days here in New York is a president of Iran, Ahmadinejad, who
> would come on our soil and express such disdain for one of our
> closest allies and friends, Israel ... and we're hearing the evil
> that he speaks and if hearing him doesn't allow Americans to
commit
> more solidly to protecting the friends and allies that we need,
> especially there in the Mideast, then nothing will."
>
> So we're going to protect Hamas? Don't tell our friends in
Israel.
> Palin clearly had no idea what Couric was talking about. Ever
since,
> she has continued to gaffe her way through the campaign: On
Saturday
> she said she'd go after Osama bin Laden in Pakistan – even though
> that's against the McCain position, and McCain had to contradict
her
> publicly. Newsweek's Fareed Zakaria says it best: All too often,
when
> Palin opens her mouth, what comes out is "gibberish.""
>
> On Sep 30, 2008, at 8:34 AM, Jersey Shore John wrote:

Is it a surprise that Krugman, the most leftist media figure on the
market, and Zakaria, who made his bones declaring America is over,
don't like Palin?

It's guys like them that givem me another reason to love her.

Both are being intellectually dishonest if they say her answer was
protectionist for Hamas.

She plainly is stating that you don't accept them just because they
are in power.  Her opening line in the answer is..  "Yeah, well
especially in that region, though, we have to protect
> those who do seek democracy..."

GO SARAH GO!