From: arcman210 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [AsburyPark] Re: Interesting AP Press Letter
To: AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com
Date: Friday, October 10, 2008, 10:37 AM

Let me clear something up... I'm not saying his comment is a cheap
shot because he called me a woman's name. The reason its a cheap
shot is because its an insult in which he is trying to get me to
insult him back, to make me look like a fool.

And I'm not going to get into this argument, but what's the problem
if I am offended with being called a woman's name? Am I not allowed
to have pride in myself and be proud of who I am because I am a
straight male? Does having self pride, just like women and
homosexuals do in themselves, make me sexist or homophobic?? ?

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED] ups.com, "Gabrielle Obre"
<gabrielleobre@ ...> wrote:

> "You calling me by female names is actually pretty much a cheap shot
> at me." - Arcman
>
> sorry..you may be clear, but arcman is NOT. and i don't say this as
> rabid feminist, merely pointing it out. sexist men, homophobes,
> racists and the like are simply people with a virus that is rampant
in
> our culture. they are ill, not scary. and arcman, i realize you are
> upset and probably typing quickly so i am not judging seriously
here.

> --- In [EMAIL PROTECTED] ups.com, "justifiedright"
> <justifiedright@ > wrote:
> >
> > Uh uh, Gabby.
> >
> > Neither Arcman or claimed any resentment of being called a female
> > name.
> >
> > We each simply pointed out the bad intent of the speaker.
> >
> > I just went though this recently with someone who tried to insult
me
> > by calling me Gay.
> >
> > Same thing happened - when I pointed out it was no insult to me
but
> > he was the homophobe for hoping it would be an insult, he just
kept
> > repeating himself over and over that I was homophobic for
pointing
> > out that I wasn't gay.
> >
> > I didn't let him get away with it and you aren't getting away
with
> > it either.
> >

> > --- In [EMAIL PROTECTED] ups.com, "Gabrielle Obre"
> > <gabrielleobre@ > wrote:
> > >
> > > Arcman and Tommy...being upset at being called a female name is
at
> > > least as anti female as using it (John) as a derogatory remark.
It
> > > assumes (pretty obvious to anyone with a minor amount of
> > linguistics
> > > or ability to think) that there is something wrong with being
> > female.
> > > Our culture is still very sexist, probably more than racist.
> > >

> > > --- In [EMAIL PROTECTED] ups.com, "arcman210" <acme87rangers@ >

> > shot at
> > at you
I'm