I really think you should publish!  You impress me as being someone
who really cares for the City, didn't want the publicity, but garnered
it, after the way you were "kicked to the curb"!  Very disgraceful!
Like the Bushes, this City seems to not care for intellectuals; you
know, people who actually KNOW something?

The scientific world both you and I emerged from, makes us all the
more curious, to present FACTS, instead of the "fairy tale" being
dished out to an unknowing public.  New people wouldn't KNOW that
Asbury Park has a Master Plan, its original design and what it's
founder, whose probably rolling over in his grave, would be more
sympathetic, if they actually KNEW the History!

The commercial aspects of Asbury Park were its' boardwalk, amusements
like the Palace and the Swan boats, the City Pool, the movie theatres,
all gone except the Baronet and Paramount, (Is the Savoy intact), were
the draw to weary city dwellers and North Jerseyans.

I only have to say that I live in Asbury Park, anywhere I go and the
questions come like a flood!  I only say positive things but I wished
Asbury had kept a Carousel, its' symbol and draw!  Hey, I can go
anywhere and have cocktails, but when I think of the boardwalk, I see
the monorail, the teacup rides, miniature golf, Madam Marie and the
kitschy stores and candy shops!  I keep my memories locked up in this
tiny head;  of my children who thought Asbury Park for kids, was a
little bit of heaven and of this place being Coney Island, south!

All I know is, I moved here from a very large city, to what I thought
was a piece of New England, only to learn this is a Mid-Atlantic
State!  Looks like New England in November, especially 11 stories up,
where I am; a little bit of Heaven.  Kudos, Werner, for making us
remember why we're here.