heres one from VA

 Published on HamptonRoads.com | PilotOnline.com (http://hamptonroads.com)
Phony flier says Virginians vote on different days

RICHMOND

A phony State Board of Elections flier advising Republicans to vote on
Nov. 4 and Democrats on Nov. 5 is being circulated in several Hampton
Roads localities, according to state elections officials.

In fact, Election Day, for voters of all political stripes, remains
Nov. 4.

The somewhat official-looking flier - it features the state board logo
and the state seal - is dated Oct. 24 and indicates that "an emergency
session of the General Assembly has adopted the follwing (sic)
emergency regulations to ease the load on local electorial (sic)
precincts and ensure a fair electorial process."

The four-paragraph flier concludes with: "We are sorry for any
inconvenience this may cause but felt this was the only way to ensure
fairness to the complete electorial process."

No emergency action has been taken by the General Assembly. It is not
in session and lacks the authority to change the date of a federal
election.

State Board of Election officials today said they are aware of the
flier but disavowed any connection to it.

"It's not even on our letterhead; they just copied the logo from our
Web site," said agency staffer Ryan Enright, noting the flier has been
forwarded to State Police for investigation as a possible incident of
voter intimidation.

Election officials did not specify in which Hampton Roads localities
the flier had been spotted.

State Police are aware of the complaint and are looking into it, said
spokeswoman Corinne Geller.

In 2007, the General Assembly passed a law making it a Class 1
misdemeanor to knowingly communicate false information to registered
voters about the date, time and place of the election or voters'
precincts, polling places or voter registration statuses in order to
impede their voting. The measure is one of the few such deceptive
voting practice laws in the country, according to the watchdog group
Common Cause.

Julian Walker, (804) 697-1564, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Source URL (retrieved on 10/29/2008 - 15:31):
http://hamptonroads.com/2008/10/phony-flier-says-virginians-vote-different-days