From: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, November 2, 2008 7:38:00 PM
Subject: Re: [AsburyPark] Re: I Don't Want to be in That Place!

In a message dated 11/2/2008 7:17:18 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
justifiedright@ yahoo.com writes:

All children are the religion their parents choose for them. His
parents chose to make him a Muslim. At 28 he changed that.

============ ========= ===

Senator Obama was raised in a secular household in Indonesia by his
stepfather and mother. Obama¢s stepfather worked for a U.S. oil company, and
sent his
stepson to two years of Catholic school, as well as two years of public
school.

His actual father was a Muslim, but had become an atheist or agnostic by the
time he met Obama's mother who, though spiritual, had no regard for any
organized religion
============ ==
from I've Got Your Back, Obama (An Open Letter To the Extreme Right) | A
Soldier's Perspective
http://tinyurl. com/5rknlt

I'm a little fed up with this "Obama is a Muslim" stuff. He's not. Plain and
simple. How many times does he have to say it? How many people have to
research it and come to the same conclusion? We are a free nation and we have
both
legal and God given free agency - the right to choose. This flawed argument
that just because his father or mother or whoever in his family was once/is a
Muslim does not make Obama one. I grew up Catholic, but that doesn't make me
one. I'm not. I don't care what the Muslim faith says about what makes a
Muslim, Obama has CHOSEN a different faith. Besides, even if he WERE a Muslim,
don't care!! Do we not pride ourselves on religious freedoms as well? This
country screwed up not voting for Romney because he is a member of the Church
of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints - a "Mormon". Now we're stuck with two
crappy choices. To NOT vote for Obama because he may be a Muslim is
preposterous and ignorant.

Period.
************ **Plan your next getaway with AOL Travel. Check out Today's Hot
5 Travel Deals!