I have to say that last night was such a wonderful night. I had
voted for Obama in the primary and I eagerly cast my vote yesterday
at 6am. When I got home from work, I put on the tv first thing and
cheered as the results came in.

For all that our country has gotten wrong lately, it is incredibly
positive that a man who was not born into wealth and privilege, and
who has dedicated his adult life to public service, can go from the
child of a single-mother to the president of the US. Amazing. And he
did it with the help of regular people, donating $20 here, $10 there.

Then I read the comments that have been flying around on this board
today, and the comments on App.com ,and I am horrified. Racism
galore and insane ignorance. I work in NYC and most of my life I
have lived in or very near NYC. Other than living in Costa Rica
briefly, AP is the farthest I have ever lived from NYC. The point-
some of you in this area are making me very eager to move back!

It is very sad that the day after such a historic day, some of you
have to post reminders that racism is still alive and well.