Geez, Gabbi, does everything have to be psycho-analyzed so deeply?

My wife isn't a Republican nor does she involve herself with
politics.

The joke was like any other - on the surface - not a deep political
analysis.

If you are a local, no wait even if you aren't,  and you've read
about AP, you know there have been many starts and stops to
redevelopment.  Like the place is cursed (many jokes have been made
about the C-8 site being cursed).

So she used irony.  The folks running the global market obiously
didn't meet in Geneva or somewhere and whisper, "Asbury Park is
making a comeback - tank the whole world economy!"

That's what makes it a joke.

By the way - the last time AP tried this redevelopment was in the
late 80's - the whole American economy tanked in the middle of it,
causeing Carabetta to go bankrupt.  You are old enough to recall
it.  That too makes the joke work.

I can't believe I had to spend this much time explaining a simple
joke to you, while you play Freud and try to find the meaning of
life in it.

You really are a killjoy.

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Gabrielle Obre"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> i never should have typed it. i was responding to tommy's wifes
joke,
> which i didn't read as a joke. i didn't get it, still don't. but it
> sounded to me like "the whole world is against asbury park" and
that
> is the reason for its struggle. not asbury park. the world, the
riots,
> the economy. now the fault is MM. not ap decision makers.
>
> so, if asbury were a person (apparently a pretty dysfunctional one)
> the reason for its dysfunction is the global economy, MM etc, not
AP