--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "dapawprint" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> You will discover that these people are optimistic for the first time
> in decades.
>
> You appear to have an issue with improvements not happening on-
> time... SHIT... the people of Asbury Park see it so differently - and
> so do I!  When the City that you love has been in a backward spiral,
> any millimeter forward is a good thing.

Glenn, I have to put what you're saying in perspective, watching your
back so to speak, wink.

First of all, no one knows what the majority of people in the City
think about redevelopment. They are too busy struggling to survive
economically and have little time to learn what is being done to their
City. I have witnessed this personally as a participant in the
various meetings, committees, focus groups, City Service, etc. over
the course of 30 years.

Second, Those who have followed what is happening are a minority and
have lost sight of the fact that redevelopment is entirely based upon
plans, contracts and timelines that are promised to the taxpayers in
exchange for development rights, including Eminent Domain.

To take the view that delays are OK, small increments satisfy the
obligations or that it 'looks better' is a disservice to the entire
City, especially those that are not knowledgeable about redevelopment
issues. Recall that $13 Million deficit has been created, the matter
is one of economics and Public Trust.

Werner
(Watching your back)