Are you talking about the newspaper and it's viability or the new
building they just built?

Nevermind. The NY Post is a much better "business model" and when I
say "business model", I mean it in the Conservative/Republican sense
of corporate welfare Think-Tankery)

http://www.journalism.org/node/6757

"Murdoch originally bought this New York tabloid in 1976 from long-
time owner Dorothy Schiff, who had made it arguably the most liberal
newspaper in the country. The editorial slant shifted under Murdoch,
but ultimately his TV interests conflicted with the Post’s ownership.
FCC rules barred one company from owning a TV station and newspaper
in the same city and Murdoch had purchased local TV station WNYW. So
he sold the paper.

In 1993, with the Post apparently on the brink of shutting down,
Murdoch offered to buy it back if the FCC granted him a waiver.
Several New York politicians fought for Murdoch, including then
Governor Mario Cuomo who was often skewered on its editorial pages. A
frothy mix of gossip, grit, and conservative ideology, the paper,
with a current circulation of about 690,000 is estimated to lose
millions each year, so many that it seems unlikely most publicly
traded corporations would justify sustaining it. (A 2005 Business
Week story put that number between $15 and $30 million a year.) It is
the one U.S. daily Murdoch currently owns."

Ahem.