Funny, I've kept half of my vinyl collection.  Cheap vinyl can be
found at the Salvation Army on Main St.  I've bought some great
classical and early jazz records.  Just bought one of those vinyl
converter machines that will let you copy your vinyl onto CD's.  Beats
boredom!  The media changed very rapidly in the late 70's from vinyl
to 8-Track, then cassettes, then very rapidly CD's, MP3's, Apple
I-pods, now Blu-Ray!  I give up trying to keep up!

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, marioa...@... wrote:

> In a message dated 1/8/2009 9:32:35 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
> hing...@... writes:
>
> Amazingly, vinyl records sales are up more then 80% this  years.
> Why?
> Nostalgia factor, plus new generations are discovering that  it's
nice to
> hold an album in
> your hands, and cover art is being  rediscovered. Plus, vinyl is now
cheaper.
> I think it's time for me to get a  new record player. I miss vinyl.
It still