I can't agree more. I celebration about diversity beginning with a public
gathering to watch
the inauguration.
I'm glad we stopped production here at work to watch it as a group.
I also agree about spending like fools, and I'd love to see that ideal spread
to the way we
manufacture things in the US.
I know that's tough because we are a consumer driven society and so many of our
products are designed with built in obsolescence. Surely we can figure out a
new way...
I also hope we've seen an end to the era of the McMansion, but that's going to
be a tough
one since much of our television programming is aimed at showing us how great
celebrities and people with money live compared to the larger population. Shows
like
"Cribs" and on and on and on.