Jack,
I agree!  So why aren't well-heeled Thieves like Madoff,  not being
prosecuted?  While this country has taken a giant step in electing
Obama, an "everyman" from the generation, I thought, years ago would
lead us into seeing the worth of everyone.  A young man from your
generation, with fresh ideas that seem honest on its' face.  Look at
the "treatment" he's (Madoff), getting for defrauding millions from
honest, hard-working Americans and "using" them in the biggest Ponzi
scheme perpetrated so far.

As far as some party going posters here, I don't think Obama would
"waste" $20 bucks on a drink!  Neither would I.  Matter of fact, I
told a very dear friend, that I would concoct my OWN "Cosmos" myself,
at home!  I don't consider myself cheap, by the fact I own bottles of
scotch worth over $200.US and wines worth over $50. right here!  I
find those prices excessive and I guess though it's whatever the
"market" will bear, so for those who think it's a bargain, go for it!
I have to smack my own wrist for paying $20 bucks for an absinthe, so
touche!

On a PS, my Bush "clock" ran out to 00:00 at 12:01 AM, 1/20/08.  Our
long "nightmare" is OVER!  Putting it and other Obama "keepsakes" in a
2009 scrapbook.

 --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Jack Pitzer" <hing...@...> wrote:

> It's not about spending for the economy's sake. It's about spending
responsibly.
> Too many of our citizens are over there heads in debt. Too many
people bought homes they
> couldn't afford. I think that's what Oak is talking about.
> We also need to curb predatory creditors that pray on people's
inability to read the fine print