Anyone else get a call (recording) on their phone about how there have been
lots of breakins (car and home) and to be alert, report suspicious activity
etc...

The only way it ends is for everyone to call the cops when they see anything
AND for the cops to give people a hard time. When the area gets too "hot", the
bad guys will go elsewhere. We also need landlords and such to want to bring
there places up to code and rent to people who are not junkies and dealers..
And they need to break up the school system and integrate with Ocean or another
"wealthier" school district. Really section 8 should be broken up state-widec
and spread out everywhere. As long as we keep our poor segregated, poverty
begets more poverty and it really doesn't change.