The use of the beach was not free for Sand Blast. The city charges a fee
for the use of the area and depending on the number of guests the fee gets
increased. The participants also have to buy a beach badge if they want to
use  the beach beyond the party. Weddings have to pay a fee, and so do all the
other  events that take place on the beach the boardwalk in the streets and
also  the parks. If anyone would like to look at the fee schedule I suggest
you  reach out to Tom Gilmour he would be able to provide that  information.

The event coordinator/promoter is also responsible to pay for
Police/Fire/Ems and whatever services are needed from the city. Unless the
event  is
hosted by the city the taxpayer does not pay a dime.

Hope this sheds some light on concerns.

Garrett Giberson, Employee and resident/tax payer of Asbury Park

In a message dated 7/20/2010 5:11:07 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,