--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, gg...@... wrote:

> Oh yeah, one more thing. All events such as the ones that took place  this
> past weekend do come before a special events committee.  Recommendations are
> then given to the City Council and they have the final say  if the event
> happens or not.

The city has to make money. Anyone have an idea on how much parking meters have
taken in along with ticketing for parking?

Roll back the clock to the first gay pride parade which was on the boardwalk. I
had a place way back then. The one mother with kid on a deserted boardwalk ran
for cover - it was more like a gay rights here we are parade.

The houses then were near worthless and the city coudln't collect a dime in
taxes.

The city should make more use of it's main asset - the beach  - charge away.

Someone should produce a gay version of Bay Watch - in AP.

Look at all the people this weekend in AP. The weekdays are pretty quiet  - you
still need MORE housing, more day trippers and more local weekday residents. AP
is still lacking all of the above to really support day business in AP.

That's why you need events to bring them in with disposable cash. Not even can
dish out $3.25 for a slice of pizza now. Before you know winter will be here.

Just an observation.