Motion lights would scare the bejesus out of the little hellions!
I had them installed on all four corners of our house, when all but
one of the kids had left home.  My youngest daughter saw someone
looking in her room, while we were out one night, but our German
Shepherd didn't bark!  Police concluded that the dog "knew" the
person.  A "peeping tom"!