I have Atlantic Security and Fire, http://www.atlanticsecuritynj.com/

It is a monitored system. Alarm goes off, they call within about 30 seconds. If
I don't give them the right code or answer the phone fast enough, police
dispatched. The one time I didn't get to the phone bc of technical difficulties
cops were there in about 2 minutes. VERY FAST. You know then as well if there
is ever a problem, you can quickly lock yourself in a room and trip the alarm
(say open a window if you can't get to the panic button) and then they will
come.