sharon you always have great input and you managed to raise good kids - with
your husband from what you've shared with us through the years.

So I want to share something with you as a whitey...

I always tell people I grew up in AP. Why? Little kid we lived on wanammasa
point rd, then we moved away - then back to wanamassa.

My grandmother moved from our house to 2nd Ave then to Asbury Towers when it
was ready. So we grew up all around AP. In wanamassa (colonial terrace) we we
had to successful Asbury Park african american businessmen on our street. when
my father went off to africa for work (not making that up) in my teens... these
two men were there for me to make sure I stayed out of trouble and listened to
my mother.

So time goes on and I have kids. For the past probably 9 years, and now in the
summers, my son's best friend stays with us. African American. Nothing funnier
then when my summer neighbors see him walking out of my house and me walking in
and him saying "hi dad....".

So he left a few days ago and hopefully does well in U of South Carolina. I
like to think that I had SOME input as he was pretty much without a real dad.
He's come along way from stealing a pencil from cost cutters (and getting
caught) and having to explain it to me.

And I know, it's not the same as living it and breathing it everyday.

But let's skip the racist remarks.