one more funny comment about this whole thing:
(at least I think so)

A couple weeks ago, my son went to PACE's orientation.

The kids had to split up and my son signed up for "World Cultures". His
thoughts were that since he always reads the world news, it might be something
interesting.

So he sat down and learned he was in a "world cultures" group - gay, black,
latino - to discuss how all the different cultures get along or should.

So they got to him and someone asked him "so when was it you realized you were
white?"

He said it was when his best friend (african american) called him "whitey".

You know why? Because he never had racist parents.