Putting the specifics of the plan aside, which I have now reviewed, has anyone
ever mentioned a time frame? When do people think that the plan will be fully
realized (if ever). 20 years? I am not trying to be argumentative here, I am
curious to hear whether people in this group (1) think these blocks will ever
actually be developed like that and (2) if so, when? Whether I agree with the
specifics of of the plan or not (and I do not agree with a relocated Stone
Pony), my bigger concern is this pattern of tearing stuff down and starting
projects to either never finish them, or to have blocks of vacant "luxury"
condos. For example, wasn't the Wonder Bar almost torn down? And thankfully it
wasn't and it is a fun place, and the Yappy Hour I saw was super busy. That
operating motel was torn down and nothing built there, right? From when I moved
here in 2004, the stores on Kingsley have been vacant. It looked like not long
before 2004 there was at least a little deli or something there. Will the Lanes
be torn down only to have a vacant lot? At the very least, if people will go in
and tear down and/or remove existing businesses, please make sure something
viable will go in its place.