From: "oakdorf" <oakd...@yahoo.com>
Sender: AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 15:25:02
To: <AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [AsburyPark] Re: Downtown paid parking went into effect today

You have to define what a "weekday shopper" is.

What would draw one to to shop AP - is it selection, price, the scene, food,
proximity to other place of interest that day and parking.

that comes down to is it a weekday destination shopping trip? Or are those
people more likely to go to the mall on a rainy day or The Grove in Shrewsbury.

You want daytime life on cookman? Then like it or not, you need a major co (or
groups of little ones) who have employees with disposable incomes and or a
major shopping destination - like a Marshalls where people just walk in and buy
tons of useless items. We had this discussion before.

What you have now is the funkiness that you want so cater to the night business
of music and restaurants ( that means be open when people ARE there). You can't
be closed when people are there and open when they aren't