Dear Bora,

First of all, let me welcome you to the Assamnet. You are right, the debates are really interesting and are usually full of passion.

The list you provided is pretty good. Over the years, netters have discussed many of the issues. I am sure you are going to get a earful, specially regarding the negatives, and you won't be alone at the receiving end. But then, often negatives have to be discussed, at least as some sort of introspection. In the past, we have often trailed into the depths of 'root causes' and cause & effect of these issues, and more often than not, we have never really been able to put any one issue to rest.

I would like to add bondhos as one negative aspect - at least in the frequency of these in Assam, and generally good religious tolerance among people as a positive (as compared to other states).

>4. Inclination to take things lying down. Chalta hai /
>hobo diok attitude.

heh! heh! heh!  The term 'Hobo diok' is a lightening rod issue. Some netters are not going to be happy about the term. :)

My request to you, would be, if you could,  to come up with possible solutions to some of the negatives that you have listed. This is just for discussion purposes, and not intended as a 'test' :)

Till then, welcome and happy discussions.

Ram