1. Alienation of tribal people from the mainstream due
to the cavalier attitude shown by caste Hindu
Assamese. This has resulted in disunity and a sense of
mutual mistrust among different tribes. (I am a caste
Hindu myself

What is mainstream anyway ? Just like the Cow-Belt culture can not be a Mainstream culture in India, the Culture practised  by the Assamese speakers in Brahmaputra valley is not considered MainStream by other speakers, for example Bodo.  These are different stream, one is not "SUB" to another. What is needed between the 2 streams is appreciation and respect.