>One of the things you hear common people tell you (in Assam) is that there is big money in NOT getting the problems of >illegal or insurgency solved. It seems, it is beneficial to just keep the issues in the front burner - but,  NOT really find any >solutions.  Insurgents,  politicians, power blocks,  leaders, and unscruplous businesses reap huge benefits at the expense >of the common man - the khetiok, the kerani, the school mastor, etc.

You are absolutely correct. I probably have stated in the net before.
Nobody is actually interested in finding solutions to these damn problems.
It is not in the interests of those in power either in Assam or in India.
It is not in the interest of ULFA.
It is not in the interests of PCG.
It is not in the interests of Assamese business community.
Ans poor Hobo Diok Assamese public don't count anyway.
What is happening in Assam is Insurgency is being turned into a business carrer.
Or we may say Professional Insurgency at its best.
60-40 ? No I wil take 70-30? What do you say Doc?
Assam and the North East may teach the world a lesson.
As I said before:
It is the best of times, it is the worst of times.
Happy New Year!!
RB