From: "Rajen & Ajanta Barua" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "mc mahant" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
CC: <assam@assamnet.org>
Subject: Re: [Assam] [asom] Assamese Fears and Saviours
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 18:16:37 -0600

It is because the total system is a sum of the individual contributions. When you question the total system, you actually try to diffuse the responsility and individual accountability. It is like waiting for somebody to remove the mystic 'poisoned arrow' so that everything will be suddenly fine and dandy.  Everybody now a days seems to take this approach and find it easy to blame everything on the GOA or GOI. Democracy is not a stat product, it is a dynamic system of the people by the people and for the people. In this system if somebody think that there is free cake, he or she is not doing his or her job. All officers should be accountable to the public, and the public has a right to ask questions. People will be asking more questions to more people, be they political officers or public servants. We should encourage people to ask questions, that is the basics of democracy. This writing is not to blame Rajkhowa in any way. We are simply asking, if the political leaders did not allow him to the job, why he did not resign. We need to change the Assamese Hobo Diok dysfunctional democracy by questioning everybody in charge hard questions.
Moto is "If you cannot do the job, please give it to somebody else".
Rajen Barua