Can Yours Truly add on?
Saw this in a blog at CR4 site I comment in:
<And in that vein, I was talking to a compatriot the other day, and the topic
of the 60's generation came up - it seems the same level of mistrust of
government and general rebelliousness is still alive and well in the hearts of
the baby boomers but the difference is now we're old and generally have more
money than we did back then. Perhaps, it was suggested, we could finance our
own revolution, outsource an army (since ours is busy every where else right
now)to take back the government from the special interest groups, kick the
parasites, demagogues, and criminals out of Washington, DC, and return our
government to what it was originally meant to be. Something to ponder. Of
course in this day and age it could get you rendered to a foreign country and
tortured so if there are any HS agents out there watching this forum, it was
all in jest and simply amounted to the ramblings of the pre-Alzhimers coalition
over cups of weak coffee. If I were in S. Spain I'd be right there with you at
Harley Dees - if you're ever in the US, the S. US give me a yell and we can get
together.
> That's what I told MMS "Liberate us->and We liberate you"

And Yours Truly posted earlier thus:

MUKULMAHANT
Power-User

Location: Long.92E,Lat.26N

 Re: Bridge collapse
08/05/2007 10:59 AM

<avoidable disaster >-- you said it all.
GWB will now visit the site and tell them "Do it again-we will foot the bill".
I am sure nobody will tell him "Not like the one which fell--but like the one
by the side which did not"(The one standing is Arch Below with Spandrels)
Look at  reliable bridges of Yore--all Arches.
Look at what France does since high-strength wires came up :
-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millau_Viaduct
I saw in Shanghai a Steel TopArch Bridge with span 500m
The one that fell in Minneapolis was 100m!
In India ,Arch Bridges are almost Unknown.The never taught us arch designs.