> *** That is not something to apologize for.  However
> some of the issues I have been speaking about are
> fundamental to all engineering fields. That is why I
> am more than a bit surprised by your unfamiliarity.
> It goes to show that even an IIT software
> engineering graduate( that is only an educated
> guess) like yourself are quite oblivious of what
> other engineers do or are expected to be able to do,
> in the Indian context and not necessarily for
> exporting them to serve the needs of developed
> countries.

--  Your Educated guess did not click ..... forget
about IIT,  strictly speaking,  I am not at all a
engineer .... did my B Sc from Cotton and MCA from AEC
and somehow managed a fairly decent job and surviving
...... just another "susuri musuri pass kora" case.

However, I do not think it takes an engineer to
understand that a bridge might collapse for n - number
of reasons including design, poor construction, poor
management etc.
BUT  the point is with Creative Bright Engineers and
all the Checks and Balances that you never stop
talking about  none of these failures should ideally
happen.  Since the bridge has collapsed , either the
engineers are NOT Bright enough OR there are some
holes in your "checks & balances". Do you think there
are other possible reasons?

I am not sure if IIT Engineers are Expected to Design
a Bamboo Bridge and who set those expectations.
Unfortunately, India does not run on expectations set
by you. As I mentioned earlier,  you have NO knowledge
on today's India. Because these Engineers did not
listen to your suggestions, the Indian GDP is
improving leaps and bounds.
Santanu-da can probably explain why the US Dollar is
sharply getting devalued against Indian Rupee.

> That brings us back to your questions and responses.
> They are all over the place, and while I can and
> would be pleased to respond them, it would be far
> better to first pin down WHAT exactly it is that you
> are trying to prove or disprove with your
> inquisition.
>
> I realize you disagree with some of what I wrote.
> But it also musty have caused you concern that the
> gullible or the uninformed may believe what I wrote.
> Thus your attempts to set the record straight, if
> not redeem Indian honors in areas that you must
> consider sullied by my observations. Question is
> WHAT are those areas ?

Looks like you want to avoid answering these since
then you might have to eat up some of your words on
Indian Engineers. I would not insist you to answer
these.

First,  I have ABSOLUTELY NO concern that "the
gullible or the uninformed may believe what you wrote"
 .... you know it very well that you have no takers in
AssamNet.

Regarding "those areas"  just wanted to see your views
on HOW such disasters can happen in a country which
produces ALL Creative Engineers (however at least one
creative engineer that I know was imported from India)
and which boasts of "Checks and Balances"

=== message truncated ===