> shows that Ashoka's kingdom included present day
> Karnataka, Andhra and parts of TN.

>The above does not show that

I will let netters decide that. Or you can easily
visualise it by tracing a map of India of same size
and superimposing on this map.

>The above also shows that Cholas, Pandyas,
Satyaputras, Kerelaputra in south were not included in
Ashoka's kingdom.

As I said ... we were discussing APPROXIMATION.  If
you exclude NE, Ashoka's kingdom included 90% of
landmass which now form presnt India (including
South).  I guess 90% is a good approximation.

If you talk about Exact political boundary, over half
of today's countries will not pass your test.

> You can check Ashoka's empire in any history book
> (handy reference --
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edicts_of_Asoka)  and
it
> shows that Ashoka's kingdom included present day
> Karnataka, Andhra and parts of TN.

>The above does not show that

> I said:   South was Under Maurya kings (Ashoka et
al)
> which was BEFORE Moghols

>The above also shows that Cholas, Pandyas,
Satyaputras, Kerelaputra in south were not included in
Ashoka's kingdom.
Rajenda