Nation ga-ga over games! From shame to fame.

Just a few days back CWG was written off, OC discredited, India shamed.
Today all TV channels, Newspapers are singing the glory of one of the sports
greatst turnarounds. Yesterday I took my boss (CMD, NEDFi) to Rajghat to pay
homage to Gandhiji on his birth anniversary, followed by a tour by roads of
CWG venues. Delhi looks green, modern, shining. I felt so proud. It looks no
less than Shanghai or Beijing minus the skyscrapers. Already people are
talking about bidding for the Olympics.

Roads ready. 7000 atheletes arrived. Games village is now a 5 star retreat,
maintained by 5 star hotels of Delhi. The collapsed foot bridge
reconstrudted by Indian Army Engineers in 6 days flat. 200,000 security
personnel keeping eye on for spoilsport.

Last night whole of Delhi was lit up, stadia, monuments, squares....New
Metro line opened today. For those familiar with Delhi, line connects
Central Secretariat via Khan Market, CGO, Jangpura, Lajpat Nagar, Mulchand,
Nehru Place, Govindpuri, Kalkaji, Okhla, Jasola, Sarita Vihar. A new link
road connecting UP via Ghaziabad from Kashmiri Gate opened today (Rs 4000 cr
investment). CWG volunteers can be seen all around. I spoke to one volunteer
about the 12000 nos of missing volunteers, he said most of them reappeared
after the report in the media.

For this evening's opening Prince of Wales has arrived. 4000 years of
India's history and cultural heritage will eb on display in the 3 hr long
extravaganza. I'll be there to witness!

-mkd