> Groups
that have identified opportunities have moved forward
with openness and have benefited - guess how many
Assamese young boys and girls would be there in
Bangalore?.

*** I would love to see the number of people from Assam or from the entire NE region, who have migrated out. And what percentage of the total population it constitutes.

*** Similarly I would like to see those from outside in Assam, and what percentage of the total population it constitutes. And I don't include those whose ancestors came to Assam generations ago, but have assimilated with the local population and culture, or accepted it as its own---as outsiders.

*** Finally, I would dearly love to see the percentage of people who came from the outside., and control Assam's and the NE's economy.

The Indian govt. is very good in compiling statistics, and our intellectuals are always demanding statistical verification of even of self-evident truths--before they would accept an argument. Will anyone provide that?