On Mon, 27 Aug 2012 14:13:12 -0500 "McKown, John"
<john.mck...@healthmarkets.com> wrote:

:>Very nice! I'll just eliminate the LTR as other posts have shown and use the
AR R15,0  / BR R14 that Mr. Ehrman showed as well. I first came up with my
"solution" when I was a wee, young sysprog and have never bothered to change.
"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
:>
:>   CALL ...
:>   LTR  R15,R15
:>   JM   BAD_RC
:>   CHI  R15,MAXJUMPS
:>   LA   R0,3
:>   NR   R0,R15

Why not TMLL  R15,3

:>   JNZ  BAD_RC
:>   LARL R0,JUMPS
:>   AR   R15,R0
:>   BR   R15
:>JUMPS J RC0
:>   J   RC4
:>   J   RC8
:>MAXJUMPS EQU (*-JUMPS)/4
:>
:>I did the LTR / JM to include checking a negative RC, instead of the CL Tony
used, because I wanted to avoid needing a base register. Yes, I know I need one
for the literal pool if I have any literals. I try to avoid literals as much as
possible by using immediate instructions where the value is defined in an EQU.

http://www.dissensoftware.com