From: "Dougie Lawson" <dl1...@gmail.com>
To: ASSEMBLER-LIST@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Sent: Monday, October 21, 2013 6:32:15 AM
Subject: Linear search vs binary

If I have a table of 3,500 entries of twelve bytes (I'm doing a compare of
eight bytes to find the entry I'm looking for and a check on a half word
marker for the end of the table to avoid running off the end) then is it
worth the pain of re-writing it as a binary search.

If it is worth the pain and does anyone have a sample binary search tucked
away.

The table is built into a CSECT at the bottom of my code. I can restructure
it if we need any special pointers to make a binary search work.

Dougie