Ref:  Your note of Thu, 13 Nov 2014 12:20:11 -0500

zMan wrote:
> Was this billed as an "improvement to service our customers better"?? Sigh.

I am definitely a fan of BookManager format, and miss the ease
of use of Principles of Operation in that format.

However, I think that in this case it is likely that the size and
complexity of the Principles of Operation document meant that it
was running into technical limitations (for example BookManager
only supports about 65K unique "words" within a document).  This
has certainly happened to various other books, for example
relating to data areas and to messages and codes, and is usually
worked around by splitting them into multiple volumes, which I do
not think would be helpful for the architecture document.

Jonathan Scott
IBM Hursley, UK