On Fri, 14 Nov 2014 09:03:59 -0500, Tony Thigpen wrote:

>After thinking about this for a few days, the biggest 'complaint' I have
>with the POP is the two columns. It makes me have to scroll up and down
>just to read the end of the paragraph that started at the bottom of the
>left side.

Some of us like it in two columns, some hate it. I happen to be in the former
group.

>The second issue is the way the "if 24bit, if 31 bit, if 64bit"
>statements read.

For myself, I have no difficulty with the "for L, ... for LH, ..." kinds of
statements.

>Suggestions:
>1) Make each group of instructions (like ADD) start on a new page.

Not necessary, IMO

>2) Use two columns for the instruction bit pictorials. Put 24/31 bit on
>the left and 64 bit on the right.

Yuck.

>3) Use a full width paragraph for things common to both 24/31 bit and 64
>bit.
>4) Use the left column for 24/31 bit specifics and the right column for
>64 bit specifics. These groups are side by side for the same 'subject'.
>If there is no 64 bit specifics, then leave a gap in the right side.

I really don't like this.

>5) If possible, consider placing the simple examples directly after the
>instructions.

Clutter. Please don't.

Clearly, there is no consensus here that any of the proposed changes are a good
idea.

--
Tom Marchant