On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 11:24 AM, Paul Gilmartin <
00000014e0e4a59b-dmarc-requ...@listserv.uga.edu> wrote:

> On 2015-10-15, at 09:26, John McKown wrote:
> >
> > Going beyond that, I have often wanted a "execute next instruction on
> > condition". I.e. check the CC value, like a branch does, if the condition
> > is TRUE, then execute the next instruction, otherwise skip it. ...
> >
> Data General NOVA.  The CC was not saved in the PSW, but every RR
> instruction contained a CC mask governing skipping the next instruction.
> Plus one flag bit suppressing loading the destination register when
> the programmer intended only to test CC.  Any RR instruction with
> Don't Store, Never Skip could be used as a no-op.

​I got the idea after reading up on the ARM architecture. Many tablets,
smartphones, and other gizmos use ARM. I think this usage is based on RISC
research.​

--

Schrodinger's backup: The condition of any backup is unknown until a
restore is attempted.

Yoda of Borg, we are. Futile, resistance is, yes. Assimilated, you will be.

Maranatha! <><
John McKown