I meant not restoring the CC, but relying it on not being changed by the instructions between the condition code setter and the B(R)C(R). There is a significant exposure to inadvertently undermining the logic with future maintenance. Caps are probably required in the comments (as long as all other comments are lower case).

Gary Weinhold Senior Application Architect DATAKINETICS | Data Performance & Optimization
Phone   +1.613.523.5500 x216
Email:  weinh...@dkl.com

Visit us online at www.DKL.com E-mail Notification: The information contained in this email and any attachments is confidential and may be subject to copyright or other intellectual property protection. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to use or disclose this information, and we request that you notify us by reply mail or telephone and delete the original message from your mail system.

__________
On 2015-10-15 15:59, Robert A. Rosenberg wrote:
At 13:38 -0400 on 10/15/2015, Gary Weinhold wrote about Re: Moves and others:

I can't remember the specifics, but back when I could read VM source code, I recall CP modules passed condition codes back when returning to the caller using some scheme like you describe. I thought it was cool and esoteric, but now I realize that even testing a condition code a couple of instructions after it's set needs strong documentation so I'll remember what I was doing when I look at my code a couple months later.

That is what the comment field on instructions are for. When it is time to restore the CC before checking/using it, explain what you are doing in a comment.