From: IBM Mainframe Assembler List <ASSEMBLER-LIST@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> On Behalf
Of Mark Hammack
Sent: Tuesday, November 30, 2021 12:37 PM
To: ASSEMBLER-LIST@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Subject: Re: Base-less macros

I think it is one of those "better safe than sorry" things.  If a prior
subroutine call used this RSA in 31 bit mode, then 4(13) should be an address
so the low order bit shouldn't be on (in theory).

I remember a programmer using the first word of the RSA as temp storage...until
some other subroutine (not in our control) either used it for some other
reason.  Not as bad as using the first 8 bits of an address for flags, but
still a headache to correct.

*Mark*

attachments from your system.