H Scott,

Let's try to be constructive, i like that :)
However i have some questions / remakrs about your constructive post!

I don't now if you followed the story about the old forum / wiki a few
months ago.
The old forum and wiki were managed by Michael E. which he 'sponsored'
to the ASSP community.

However after a dispute with Fritz, he pulled the plug and all data /
forum etc.. was gone, and not anyone who could do anything about that.
That's why Fritz decided to put everything at SF, so that the
information (wiki / forum) always will be available and can not be
destroyed by one person.
After the data was gone, a few users did their utmost to get the wiki
and forums back for the users, which is done pretty well from my point
of view.

You mention, that you have questions about the privacy of SF. The more
strange it is that you want to move everything to Google Groups (the
biggest BB of Internet).

You are absolutly right when it comes to the fragmentation of the
information available, and you mention also a few points which i think
are pretty ok.

> 1) Merge the forums and mailing list

You have a point here, problem is that with the standard SF tooling
this is from my point of view impossible.

> 3) Bug tracker

There is one, but as far as i know the developers don't use it or
don't want to use it, Fritz or Thomas can comment on this one maybe.

> 3a) Changelogs

Nope there aren't any. Also CVS isn't used, Again i think these 2
tools would make a huge forward in defragmenting a lott of things.
However it is not my call and Fritz wants to do it his way (which i
respect btw).

> 4) iworld.de/homes/assp/

Afaik all the data available on this site is already in the wiki.

> 5) Home page ( http://assp.sourceforge.net/ )

I think you have a point here, that would make sense to me also.

Putting everything on google groups is something i would love to
discuss or to investigate. That would mean that the forums and the old
mailing list need to be closed down, i don't think i am egiable to
make this call. If Fritz gives a go for this, and other users also
want this to happen i am more than willing to make this happen.

Regards,

Pascal

PS: Cross posted this one for more fragmentation :)

Op 11 jun 2009, om 00:14 heeft Scott Haneda het volgende geschreven:

Met vriendelijke groet / Best regards,

Pascal Dreissen

Virus
Inside