Mike Benoit wrote:
Not only that, I would hazard to guess the majority of the fraud out
there is from people with access to hundreds, if not thousands, or tens
of thousands of valid credit card numbers and card holder information.

These people could easily sign up 10 accounts at every VOIP provider in
existence and still not be detected even with such a system in place.

Exactly why we need "Friends and Family". Even with a boat-load of stolen credit cards, the perp's calling patterns won't change that much. That's why we'll catalog his calling patterns--the ITSP can then flag any account that uses these numbers.