Jeremy McNamara a écrit :

Paul wrote:

The patent owners would view locally compiled GPL asterisk and a GPL fork of asterisk equally. If they permit me to buy codec licenses from digium and use them with an asterisk that I have modified there is no reason to prevent me from doing the same with a fork.

You do not understand. Only the copyright holder of the GPL software can allow non-gpl software to link with their GPL Licensed software.

This is complete nonsense. The end user can do /whatever he likes/ with GPL software, /including linking it with commercial software/. The GPL restrictions only apply to /redistribution rights/.

So openpbx could release a couple of handy scripts so that end users can easily link the software with whatever they like and there would be no infringement.

Cheers,
Jean-Michel.