I hate things like this. Why would they want to cut out the VAR/Reseller/Consultant?

I had to jump through hoops to be setup as a client of NetxUSA several years ago so I could get wholesale pricing so I could make a buck or two off hardware and a few more bucks off setting up that hardware. Now those dollars will not come my way. I don't know if I can stomach the way this is starting to go. This line really gets me, "With regional distribution offices and in-house certified engineers, NETXUSA assists business customers with the entire Digium-Polycom implementation." I thought that was my job! I certainly do not blame Polycom, but this is a real slap in the face move by Digium.

Anyways...  Let me digest this a little more.  Posting in anger is stupid.

http://www.asteriskvoipnews.com/polycom/digium_and_polycom_release_more_details_on_thier_partnership_program.html

"The /*BuyNOW*/ feature, within AsteriskNOW's Digium-designed GUI, greatly simplifies the phone purchasing process by immediately connecting users to NETXUSA <http://www.netxusa.com/>, a recognized leading distributor of Voice over Internet Protocol (*VoIP*) products and services. With regional distribution offices and in-house certified engineers, NETXUSA assists business customers with the entire Digium-Polycom implementation."

Thanks,
Steve Totaro
www.asteriskhelpdesk.com