On 3/28/07, Steve Totaro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I hate things like this.  Why would they want to cut out the
VAR/Reseller/Consultant?

I had to jump through hoops to be setup as a client of NetxUSA several
years ago so I could get wholesale pricing so I could make a buck or two
off hardware and a few more bucks off setting up that hardware.  Now
those dollars will not come my way.  I don't know if I can stomach the
way this is starting to go.  This line really gets me, "With regional
distribution offices and in-house certified engineers, NETXUSA assists
business customers with the entire Digium-Polycom implementation."  I
thought that was my job!

How come you didn't see this coming, everything in technology ends up
being a commodity. Your business plan and strategy is like putting
regional distribution and certified engineers in the .com bubble. Voip
is a bubble only if there are business plans like yours. Didn't you
learned anything in the Youtube business?

I certainly do not blame Polycom, but this is
a real slap in the face move by Digium.

Anyways...  Let me digest this a little more.  Posting in anger is stupid.

http://www.asteriskvoipnews.com/polycom/digium_and_polycom_release_more_details_on_thier_partnership_program.html

"The /*BuyNOW*/ feature, within AsteriskNOW's Digium-designed GUI,
greatly simplifies the phone purchasing process by immediately
connecting users to NETXUSA <http://www.netxusa.com/>, a recognized
leading distributor of Voice over Internet Protocol (*VoIP*) products
and services. With regional distribution offices and in-house certified
engineers, NETXUSA assists business customers with the entire
Digium-Polycom implementation."

Thanks,
Steve Totaro
www.asteriskhelpdesk.com