Adam Vocks wrote:

In an order to save money, I would like to use a PRI that we have going to one of our dial-up modem banks (We are an ISP.) During business hours these channels are idle and during our peak internet times, we are closed. Sounds too good to be true, but I thought I would throw it out there. These are modem calls that if they would call our modem bank number, they would be bridged to the outbound zap channels??? And of course, if they dial our business number we would send them to the appropriate sip channels. I didn’t know if this could be done with two T1 cards and asterisk…

Here is a primitive sketch.

If anyone has information, please share.

Thank You

Adam Vocks

CTI

I've done the exact same thing.
We had a 23-channel PRI that a client was using for voice, but had a small IVR for their banking application that had direct analog lines pointed to it. I ordered an Adtran Total Access 750 and an additional T1 (T100P) card. The TA750 had 24 analog lines, with one T1 interface. The asterisk server had 2 T100Ps one card was for the PRI, the second was a cross-over to the Adtran 750. Works great, don't see why it wouldn't work for you in the same method you are talking about for a modem pool.

Drawing:

<<inline: astModem.jpg>>