Darrick

thank you for your reply.

My hardware is a TDM400P with 2 * FXO and 1 * FXS daughter boards

It has been working fine for the last year.  The problems have only come
about (coincidentally) since going to 0.6.2, and more significantly
since the temperature has dropped. This particular box is fitted in a
room with no environmental control and temperatures have been down
around zero degrees C lately. I do wonder if this is related. Last night
was around +9 and there was no crash. The other speculative possibility
is that the telecom company could be running overnight line tests which
would explain why this only happens at night.

The configuration is as follows (largely unchanged for a year as I said):

Zaptel.conf :

fxoks=1
fxsks=3
fxsks=4
loadzone=uk
defaultzone=uk

Zapata.conf :

; Zapata telephony interface
;
; Configuration file

[trunkgroups]

[channels]
hanguponpolarityswitch=yes
cidsignalling=v23 ; Added for UK CLI detection
cidstart=polarity ; Added for UK CLI detection
ukcallerid = yes  ; Added for UK CLI detection
sendcalleridafter=2  ; Added for UK CLI detection
immediate=no
context=default
usecallerid=yes
hidecallerid=no