Lonnie Abelbeck wrote:
> On Mar 28, 2009, at 1:47 AM, Philip A. Prindeville wrote:
>

>> Anyone else having issues with their clocks not going into Daylight
>> Savings Time?
>>
>> All of my Astlinux boxes (all running trunk) show the time as MST or
>> PST, even the ones with the new 2009d data and codes.
>>
>> Strange.
>>
>> -Philip
>>

> With uClibc both the TIMEZONE and TZ_TIMEZONE variables must be set
> properly.
>
> The TZ_TIMEZONE variable sets the System time offset, and the TIMEZONE
> variable sets the asterisk time offset.
>
> So, for me in Omaha...
>
> pbx ~ # cat /etc/TZ
> CST6CDT
> pbx ~ # date
> Sat Mar 28 05:48:56 CST 2009
>
> Which is wrong, but if I set the TZ_TIMEZONE variable:
> TZ_TIMEZONE="CST6CDT,M3.2.0/2,M11.1.0/2"
>
> pbx ~ # cat /etc/TZ
> CST6CDT,M3.2.0/2,M11.1.0/2
> pbx ~ # date
> Sat Mar 28 06:49:32 CDT 2009
>
> Which is correct.
>
> Lonnie

I have my $TZ_TIMEZONE set:

TZ_TIMEZONE="MST7MDT"

The actual start and stop dates should be coming out of zoneinfo:

[phil...@builder ~/trunk2]$ cat -v /usr/share/zoneinfo/US/Mountain | tail -1
MST7MDT,M3.2.0,M11.1.0
[phil...@builder ~/trunk2]$

why is this not happening?

More to the point, why, given a correct TIMEZONE variable, can we not
figure out what TZ_TIMEZONE should be set to and set it?

-Philip