From: Lonnie Abelbeck [mailto:li...@lonnie.abelbeck.com]
Sent: Saturday, November 14, 2009 12:14 PM
To: AstLinux Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: [Astlinux-users] Astlinux-0.7 Upgrade?

Tom,

OK, your firewall has been upgraded properly.

Here is the deal... 0.7 uses Arno's firewall 1.9.x, whereas 0.6 used Arno's
firewall 1.8.x which have different variable definitions and formats.  It is
critical that in the 0.6 to 0.7 transition a Firewall sub-tab "Save Settings"
is performed before the {Upgrade/Restart Firewall}.  This is a
once-in-a-lifetime thing, for only the 0.6 to 0.7 transition of the firewall.

One of the new features of the new 1.9.x Arno firewall script, if any of the
variable definitions generates an iptables error, that error result code will
return on a firewall start or restart, which is why you are seeing "Action
Failed".

To be absolutely sure, do a Firewall sub-tab "Save Settings" and then "{Restart
Firewall} |x| Confirm" and see if you are still getting an "Action Failed".

If there is still an error, go to the command line and issue...

$ arno-iptables-firewall restart

and either post the output here, or me privately... obscuring any IP's you
don't want to share.

If by chance you entered any Arno script variables in the Network tab -> User
System Variables: (user.conf) then that could be the problem, and they would
have to be updated to 1.9.x format manually.

Lonnie