Did you read:

http://blogs.digium.com/2009/03/28/sip-security/

and:

http://www.asterisk.org/security/webinar/

as well as the file:

build_i586/asterisk-1*/README-SERIOUSLY.bestpractices.txt

in your project directory.

Also, trunk and 1.8 have an important fix that I finally managed to get in.

https://issues.asterisk.org/view.php?id=17040

if you have "allowguest=yes" in sip.conf as I do (needed for ISN calling), then
what you do is for your handsets' configurations you explicitly set a context=
value, but have:

[general]
context=NOSUCHCONTEXT

as the default context.  That is, incoming calls from an "guest" association
will try to go into an undefined context, which will fail the call.

Only calls from explicitly configured peers will have a valid context to
execute in.

Do *not* use or have a default context.