Hi All,

So in persueing my password management for my call theft problem I ran
into a issue; I couldn't auth any users. I used one of those random
password generators found on Al Gore's pipework to do the honors.

Nada!

Invent the password myself and bingo! WTF??

So why won't this password work  Xd37&4;dCV9a     but this password will
qwertyuiopas ?

Well, I'll tell you. Note that cute little semi-colon in the random
password. It would seem that Asterisk sees everything after that as a
comment. Well of course it does - duh!! But nowhere that I've found does
the docs state that you can only use a particular set of characters in
your passwords.

Have I found an "undocumented feature" or a conflict of some kind? Or
perhaps just an oversight in the password documentation.

Mark