Testing Update,

I have been testing my Qotom Q190G4N-S07 and Michael Keuter has also purchased
the same and his arrived this week.  Michael has been stress testing the Qotom
as well.

First, we added documentation to the WiKi for the new "USB TTY Serial Login"
feature ...

USB TTY Serial Login
https://doc.astlinux-project.org/userdoc:usbtty_serial_login

Second, the mystery why the Qotom used less power than the PC Engines APU2 has
been solved.  Long story short we added "CONFIG_PCIEASPM=y" to our kernel
config (for SMP kernels) which relates to ASPM (Active State Power Management)
for the PCIe bus.  Previously with CONFIG_PCIEASPM not enabled the i211 NIC's
PCIe would appear with "LnkCtl: ASPM L1 Enabled;", but the BIOS explicitly
disables ASPM, so with "CONFIG_PCIEASPM=y" the kernel now honors the BIOS's
wishes with this log:
--
ACPI FADT declares the system doesn't support PCIe ASPM, so disable it
--

The APU2 draws 6 Watts idle and now the Qotom with the latest kernel draws 7
Watts idle.

There is a lot to like with this box, excellent value, excellent performer,
though in my testing I found an obscure issue related to network traffic and
libpcap related NetStat (darkstat) monitoring where my box can be made to
lock-up tight with a specific iperf network test while darkstat is running.  I
shared my "trigger" test with Michael Keuter and his box is fine, so it may be
a unique one-off related to my board.  I expect to get a response from Qotom
this coming week.

The issue I see is very deterministic and repeatable, and related to commands
that use libpcap, though "iftop" and "tcpdump" do not trigger the issue, but
"darkstat", "sngrep" and "ngrep" together with extreme iperf data demonstrate
the issue on my Qotom.  I was hoping keeping the i211 NIC's at full power as
intended was the problem, that made no difference.

For the time being I have NetStat (darkstat) monitoring disabled until I can
understand this obscure issue.  My Qotom Q190G4N-S07 is working fine with that
caveat.

Further updates as needed.