On Sun, Jan 4, 2009 at 5:44 PM, Maxim Levitsky <maximlevit...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Indeed, these changes help a lot, I don't see
> power calibration timeouts anymore.
>
> Yet, card managed to lockup in different way:
>
> "failed to wakeup the MAC Chip"

Just to be clear, this was with the four patches I posted to the list?
I expect it to still occasionally fail to wake up the MAC, as we probably
don't have the reset sequence just so, but it should be less frequent
than the other timeouts before.

> Also, it is clear that all rates about 18M doesn't work at all.
> As I see in the code, rate number is specified for each packet, and each
> packed is assigned a fallback rates.
> I hope those rates are correct.
>
> But as I understand phy is somehow mis-configured that it can't send
> those rates.

We still don't implement ANI (which tunes the phy to minimize noise,
based on number of missed packets and so forth...)  Whether there are
any other problems, I don't know.

> PS: why didn't you tell me?, it seems that every time I send data
> between two computers it is going via the AP, and no wonder this is
> slower.
>
> Is it possible to send data directly between stations with AP?

Everything going through the AP is normal in an infrastructure network.
In ad-hoc mode (IBSS) or mesh you can send directly between two stations.

--
Bob Copeland %% www.bobcopeland.com